Friday, October 8, 2010

So The Blog Begins

I got my first apartment literally the DAY I graduated. It was pretty much "lunch with the family" and then "while you're all here... wanna help me move in?" I think I was more excited about the apartment than I was about walking the stage. I had done a TON of research already, looking up DIY headboards and no-sew pillows and how to choose paint...

Oh gosh... avert your eyes!! Dormsplosion!
But when we got all my crap from college up to my 3rd floor dwelling and my place looked like a dorm explosion, I realized I had a lonnnnnngggg road ahead of me before my apartment looked pretty and mod and cute and all those other things I'd imagined it'd be. Oh, plus I immediately started my full-time job as a Graphic Designer so I'm at work all day. And when I DO get home I do freelance design. Oh yeah and I've got NO MONEY.

So how the heck was I supposed to find the time to decorate? Or buy furniture?? (Well I did manage to adopt a kitty... Yes, before I had a couch or food or anything. But that's beside the point!)

Mochi, helping me unpack

But lets get down to business. This blog is to chronicle my apartment decorating successes and pitfalls, any tips/tricks I learn along the way, and to get feedback and advice from anybody who might stumble here and happen to read my little writings.

Since May 2010 when I first moved in, I have made sooooome progress. A wee little bit. So in the coming posts I'll catch you guys up to speed on what's happened so far. After that, it'll be you and me in this together- hand in hand skipping about, singing a little la-dee-da song, and probably tripping and falling on our faces. Sounds fun!

Much love,
Katelyn

2 comments:

  1. I think it's really cute especially the cat. Maybe in that small apartment you should have gotten a moose.

    Love,

    Gid

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks Gid! Unfortunately the apartment complex doesn't allow moose. Meese? Mooses? Ehhhhh

    ReplyDelete