Thursday, October 21, 2010

HALLLLOOOOWWEEEEEEEEEEEN!!! pt 5: Frightning Fireplace (and Creepy Coffee Table)

This is the last of the major Halloween decor posts (unless I update the looks at all between not and October 31st, which could definitely happen). Here is how I decked out my living room!



First off we've got the coffee table! I used a sheer white scarf I already owned, layered the other orange thingy on top of it, used the candle holder that was already there, and added the black roses. I topped things off with the little raven to make it not so symmetrical.



This one was difficult because the coffee table is one of Mochi's favorite spots. And that little girl will nom on EVERYTHING. Seriously, she's like a hamster. So this spot either had to be Mochi-proof or had to be easily converted into something Mochi-proof whenever I left the house. The roses were uber cheap and tougher than they look so I wasn't too worried about them, but Mr. Raven is more delicate and expensive! So whenever I leave, he gets to hang out on his perch above the TV far out of reach.


Next up is the mantel! This was a lot easier because it was out of Mochi-reach. I left my usual picture and vases on either side, but I added my black sparkly rose garland which filled the space perfectly! I love the little vines that crawl out from the roses. I then added a little painted wood cat statue that my mom got me years ago. The yellow moon reflects the yellow in the framed picture above.


Lastly, I topped things off with the rest of the bat cut-outs I had made. I also think it's kinda cool that the vase I had on the right is already a little creepy- good thing I tend to like creepy-glam-modern accessories!


And now... Lights off!!


Creepy!!

Anyways, that's the last of the Halloween decoration posts (unless of course I add to them or switch things up, which is a definite possibility).

So how is Halloween decorating going for everyone else? I am dying to see pictures of other people's Halloween displays! Plus feedback is always nice :) I know I have a long way to go before I've got Martha-Stewart worthy displays, but I'm trying! :P

Much disturbingly creepy love,
Katelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment