Tuesday, October 19, 2010

HAAAALLLLLLOOOOOOWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!!!!!! pt 2

Before I started Halloween shopping, I decided my best bet was to set a goal for myself not to spend more than $15-$20 on decorations, tops. This isn't all my stuff but it's at least a small portion of the chaos.

See, Mochi IS part of my decorations!
Anyways, lets see how I did...
  • 3 glittered skulls- $1.50 each
  • Ghost candle holder- $2
  • Candy corn- $2 
  • Pair of orange over-sized place mats/cloth napkins- $2.50
  • Long silver tray- $3 on clearance
  • 6 black roses- $1 each

    Ok, good so far....
  • Wooden/paper raven- $10 (I know, splurge- But he is adorable!)
  • Black candelabra- $10 (on clearance at Hobby Lobby!)
  • 4 big black pillar candle stands- $8 all together (also on clearance at the Hobbs!)
  • 2 little glass pillar candle stands- $1 each
  • White ceramic pumpkin- $4
  • Buttload of candles- about $30 (PS- buttload = 28, 20 of which came in a value-pack)
  • Black rose garland- $10 (my mantel needed something too!)

    Notice that I must somehow justify everything that put me over the $15-20...
Total- $94


So I failed. Epically. But I'm good at justifying failure because I told myself that the candles, candle stands, and candelabra can be used all year round! And technically the little pumpkin and orange place mats can at least be used til Thanksgiving...
 
Mochi refused to let me steel her orange thing away

Anyways, the moral of the story is that Halloween is amazing and I'm lucky I didn't break the bank even worse on decorations! Stay tuned for pics of the delightful decor displays!

How did you guys do this year? Please share your Halloween decorating successes or epic failures! Also, any tips on how to save more even when you don't have much to begin with?

Much love,
Katelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment