Monday, October 11, 2010

A Bed, A Couch, And A Cat

These are the first three things I got for my apartment. Which is funny since I PROMISED myself I wouldn't get a cat until I was 100% settled haha. I guess this is what I subconsciously considered my "essentials."

Baby Mochi the day I adopted her
very "blah" bedroom... but can you spot the little black kitty?
I was clearly pretty proud of my $380 couch find
At this time, my entire apartment was completely empty except for these things and the junk I brought from my dorm room. In the next few posts, I'm going to briefly cover how each of my rooms evolved from this to where they are now. Specifically, the living room, dining room, and bedroom. (nothing too exciting to report yet for the kitchen, second bedroom, or bathrooms)

In the meantime, I'm curious- what were the first purchases you made for your first apartment? Did they make sense or did you break your plans for a premature impulse buy?

Much love,
Katelyn

1 comment:

  1. When I first moved into my home with my husband, we spent all our money on the house and lived for almost 6 months in a four bedroom house (1,800 sq feet) with a air mattress, two camping chairs, a two-top table his ex girlfriend left at his old apartment, and a small box TV.
    It's been almost 3 years and I'm still looking for great ideas to make it grow into more and more of a sanctuary! Thus, finding your blog as well. :)

    ReplyDelete