Friday, October 15, 2010

The Itty Bitty Dining Room Committee

Welcome to my dining room folks! And by room, I mean corner.


Yes it's a very tiny space, that actually made it easier to decorate so I'm not really complaining. Little things made a bigger impact. Like the cheap framed posters and the cork-bottom place mats (note: down with fabric place mats!). Well, I can't talk too bad about fabric placements since I used that folded orange one I got from the Target dollar section to anchor my candles and the lovely roses from Hami into a little center piece. Plus the orange is like a little pop of fall! :)

Granted, there's still a little I still need to work on. Like hiding that toaster oven (I don't have enough counter space to keep it in my kitchen). Overall though, it was a pretty easy room to decorate.

But this room had shaky beginnings... Why, you ask?

Because there was some serious DRAMA involved in getting that table. It took over a month to convince the place I got it from to sell it to me for the price I was willing to pay, but I got it! Take that for false advertising at a lower price and then trying to charge me more!!!

Ok so it doesn't sound like that much drama when I condense it down into 2 sentences but believe me it was very stressful at the time! Haha

Have you guys had any major furniture/room drama? On another note- any ideas on how I can better hide my big ol' toaster oven??

Much love,
Katelyn

1 comment: